Education Week: American Education's News Site of Record

Saturday, March 10, 2012

My experience with screenr

When doing this presentation I had to decide what I would publish. Then I remembered when Sara had told me about Screenr.com back in November after I had done my presentation at the faculty meeting on Assignment Drop Box with Peter Newmark. What a perfect time to do that presentation. I had several problems. First I had to update all of my software on my computer. That took 2 hours. Then I had to make sure that my popup block was off for Google Chrome to allow Java. Then I had to download the updated version of Java. When I finally got the chance to begin presenting, I ended up doing it about 5 times because I kept messing up. When I finally had my shot to do "The One" my brother started the leaf blower and was cleaning out the leaves right next to where I was doing my presentation, so you can hear that in the back ground. Every time I paused and waited for him to end, I would click start and shortly after he would start the leaf blower again. I finally just kept going to finish it off. Then I forget how to embed the video. I learned two things, first to export the video into my movies, and how to embed the link. I also learned again how to upload the movie (which I had forgotten how to do). Overall, it was a fantastic learning experience and I will definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment