Education Week: American Education's News Site of Record

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Evernote

I have been playing around with Evernote since I was introduced to it first last June and again in September during faculty training days. I have used it to make grocery lists, to take notes in meetings on students, for advisory notes, and so on; however, when I was traveling I have found that unless I have wifi somewhere, I cannot bring it up. But, now that I have taken the time to syn all of my electronic devices that shouldn't be an issue. I cannot get used to the fact that I am all mac'd out now with an iPhone, Macbook and iPad. At time I forget that I can sync one to the other, especially through Evernote. What is nice is that I don't have to have pages or word on my phone in order to see my notes or review my notes from other sources. Extremely nice feature. I have explored some of the other offerings on Evernote Trunk and I like the SnapCal. I think I will down load that and give it a try. I am finding that my calendars on all of my devices are not sync smoothly with iCloud. I believe it is because I keep moving between several different wifi servers. I will try that and then explore other options. I am also considering that 10th grades should then move into Evernote. I cannot see my current 9th graders using it. They struggle with DropBox.com and they struggle with other apps. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite features of Evernote (besides all of them!), is the ability to e-mail notes to myself. On my duty weekends I e-mail the schedule to Evernote, and voila! I have it everwhere I need/want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I will try that the next time I am on duty. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete